Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Mistery Inside a Mirror



When I presented the book of mirrors to the crits, more than telling a story, I showed them the mysterious reality of a mirror itself. I demonstrated how inside a dull, old cover, we can find many different ways of seeing ourselves and our surroundings. In the book of mirrors, every page, is a different way of seeing the world, as if we were seeing it from the point of view of someone else, becoming a whole new experience as well. More than telling some story, the book of mirrors invites us to experience a different way of seeing our everyday life.

During the final review, the crits thought that the ideas above mentioned, were well represented in the book. The idea of creating a dull, boring cover, and demonstrating the complete opposite in the inside was very effective, as well as the idea of having a very heavy book, with thick pages, which gives mirrors that importance that most of us don't, although they form a very important part of our lives. Finally, it was very effective the materials that I used to experiment reflection as well, as the shaped used and mostly the use of text to demonstrate the two approaches that I had, a book of mirrors represented textually, and a book of mirrors represented visually, and also the fact that no matter what angle or what distance the mirrors were looked at, they would always show a new perspective.

Besides what the crits thought was effective about my representation of the book of mirrors, what I think was the most effective overall, was the fact that I was able to understand books a lot more, and that I was able to bond with my book, and understand and represent the mysteries inside a mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment