Sunday, September 20, 2009

Still Interpreting the Box

As I kept developing my concept, I worked on ways of creating space, or 3 dimensional elements, with the use of planes, or 2 dimensional elements. This elements would strictly be facade elements that were found in the murals, which led me to the idea of trying to merge the four facades in the interior of the box by giving depth to all facades. This idea was not successful because the space inside the box is not very big, and the elements start having conflict with each other, creating confusion and not much clarity on the definition of space.

For my final scheme, I decided literally to build one of the facades with depth. Basing myself in one of my previous projects for another class, in which I took a cubist painting by Picasso, and gave it depth, I decided to give the same depth to the mural and that way create space as well. To this idea, I also added some of the abstract elements that were used in the previous schemes. For this final scheme, elements would be vertical and not horizontal, creating space with the use of horizontal supports. Frontally, this scheme looks like an abstraction of the mural, but from the side, you are able to see the space that these vertical elements create.

No comments:

Post a Comment